Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Local Roundup with New Jazz Uniforms and Boozer as the ex-girlfriend

i7hbcejr


Since I haven’t done the locals only post I always claim I want to do, I thought I would use the unvailing of the new Jazz uniforms to highlight a couple local sports blogs, SLC Dunk which unlike me bothered to go down and actually take some pictures and Salt City Hoops which had a little article about Carlos Boozer as a girlfriend out of the Jazz’s league, a sports meme in this city that I don’t really like.

John has some great pictures from the event last night and some stills of the new uniforms, but doesn’t really talk about them except the crowed reaction.  I think there is quite a bit to say. 

tvjyxmuldt8eludp

Let’s start out with the good, the complete dropping of the mountains from the actual jersey is a huge plus, now if they could just get it off the floor, although the color change is a plus.  I also like the simplicity of the logo, no Utah on it, the ball is a little much on the home uniforms with 3 actual colors, but I’m glad they went with like color shadows for the homes.  Using the alternate color for the numbers is good too, the green is especially a good touch.

I can’t tell if the roads are the purple color of the Jazz logo or a blue, I think they are blue which makes no sense since that is not one of the colors any more.  I don’t think there would have been anything wrong with going green for the roads, I love the throw back greens and hope they are used about 80% of the time this year.

Which brings us to the problems with these uniforms, the trim.  Three stripes on the upper trim and then the alternate color blocks going down the sides has been very popular in the early 2000s, but makes them look armature to say the least.  The best part about the green uniforms is color consistency and a simple yellow trim.  The trim causes busyness around the face of the players and the stripe breaks up the consistent outline of the body, just not good aesthetics.  Also, with the blue they look like some kind of alternate Pacer’s uniform, and nothing good can come of that.


Now a quick little mention of Dan Evans’s article on Boozer over at Salt City.  He goes into the very tired metaphor about being in high school and dating a girl out of his league, like Boozer was to the Jazz then realizing that she was a pain in the ass after they broke up.  This idea is fresh in my mind after watching the extremely average She’s Out of My League last night for me other site.

I know that Boozer was a fairly big time free agent, but he was not really that big, so I don’t understand why he was so far out of our league, I mean isn’t Jefferson pretty much at his level?  Also I don’t buy this implication that the Jazz need people that are grateful to be here, sure we aren’t the favorite place of most 24 year old millionaires, but that doesn’t mean we have to wallow in self pity about it.  That’s what people who think they are not good enough to date hot girls say.  You do what you have to do to be in the picture, many of things we’ve be doing, like spending money and having a winning team.  We need to be like the nerdy kid in high school that got to college started running track, got into shape, started up a company and now rich and decent to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment