Monday, August 2, 2010

K-Powers

Much like Kenny Powers I was slow to get posting today due to banging your sister on the Great Wall

Last night I was over at Uji’s house, also known as 1994 due to it’s conspicuous lack of the internet, probably the main reason that he never posts shit anymore and for some reason he gets ESPN the magazine.  Well, I picked it up, probably because I was high and there in the front cover is a Kenny Powers K-Swiss add.  I read the add, doesn’t sound anything like Kenny Powers, completely edited and the toss it down in disgust thinking it’s another ESPN cross promotional bullshit, until of course I see this video on Funny or Die.

This is what advertising should be, and what it is in Europe and Japan on occasion.  This is the show, in all its genius and glory made into a commercial, this is Kenny Powers.  And it’s perfect for K-Swiss, since no real athlete would ever where them, why not get a pretend athlete to endorse them.

I’ve thought a lot about the future of television, what are stations going to do when literally no one watches commercials because everyone has a DVR?  Soccer has had this situation forever due to the running clock, so what do they do, they cover everything and everyone with adds of course.  So here we have the perfect combo, there is no reason that this scene couldn’t have fit perfectly into an episode of Eastbound and Down, this could be the new advertising.  Since this is my sports blog, I don’t really want to get into advertising very much, but I love this creative product placement, not that ham-fisted “I’m eating my delicious Subway breakfast shit” that they do on Chuck.  I also like that the Great Wall of China and a cemetery carry the same level of import when discussing awesome places to fuck hot chicks, thanks K-Powers!

1 comment:

  1. dude how funny is that! definitely should have put NSFW, although I should have known! haha How bout when he is checking out the shoe and starts to put his finger in the sole and looking at the chick at the table....too funny! can't wait for that to come out! definiely having K-Power parties everynight its on!

    ReplyDelete