Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Roundup

web-allstar

Obviously the web allstar band is the perfect symbol for all star games everywhere

So we come to that terrible weekend at the end of January where the NFL decides to give us a week off of real football and make us watch the pro-bowl while we wait for the Super Bowl still another week away.  All that it really does is remind us that in two weeks there will be no NFL at all, it’s like after you break up with a long term girl friend and then get back together for like a month for some reason before ending it for good.

So then on to the pro-bowl, which I didn’t watch because I’m not an idiot and I don’t get back with ex-girl friends for a month for no reason.  I hear the NFC won by 400 points, since there is no defense allowed and no one has tried since The Meast made Mormon his prison bitch on a fake punt about 5 years ago let’s just move on.

In other no defense, high scoring all start games the NHL came out Sunday night without the only 2 players I care about and made some goalies wish they hadn’t showed up.  They did something that was actually interesting though and picked two captains and then picked teams, which is absolutely how the NBA should do it since that is the ultimate play ground league.  Since the two teams don’t really have names and no one cares about the score I’ll move on.

Pretty sure some people played college basketball too.

Stay tuned later in the week for tons of Super Bowl coverage, and by that I mean me saying over and over again that the Steelers will win until I believe it enough to put all my savings on a +130 moneyline bet and maybe some other stuff too.  Oh, and there will be at least one Benchcast.

E-mail us your questions and comments to benchcast@gmail.com and maybe we’ll answer them on the next benchcast, or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment