Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oregon BCS Championship Delayed for 2 Years

the-tricky-wristers

Wanted to thank Josh over at With Leather for this screen cap because I have another job and don’t have the time for this stuff, plus it’s a great site and @houseofpunte follows me on twitter so what more can you really ask for

So last night there was a BCS Championship game brought to you by ESPN and the entire Frito Lay Family or some shit.  In between games of Scrabble with Andy I’m pretty sure that I caught all of the important points.  I believe that the first half consisted of talking about how great these student athletes were and how much they loved their school and how someone might have said something about someone taking money but we weren’t really going to talk about that.  Then for the second half of the broadcast they actually tried to play some football.

There were about a million so called story lines for this game, Cam Newton and the money, the lay off, should TCU have a shot, who hates the BCS more, on and on.  The two things that jumped to my mind where, what is going on with this turf and why don’t the players have cleats that work and second I just spent the weekend watching the NFL wild card round and don’t these guys suck compared to the Seahawks.

The first half was terrible, I think there were 33 combined yards and 14 interceptions and fumbles from what I’ve been told for the past 6 months are the two greatest offenses in the history of football.  I also heard a lot about them the 6 months prior to that during the actual college football season.

I have to admit that I really hate college football, I watch Utah because I went there and have an interest and hate the BCS, although now that they are in the PAC 12 I’ve lost that angle so it’s pretty much going to be all about meeting girls from Arizona.  I know that we will have to hear about Auburn for the next two years until they finally vacate this championship and there is no college champion for the 2010, meaning that the BCS works because now the regular season is even more important because there is no post season at all.  Really if they want to make every game a championship game just have each team play one game then let some dolphins pick the winner by tossing hoops onto toy mascots.

Glad that’s over and I can go back to rooting for my Steelers to beat those gutter birds from Baltimore this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment