Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Worlds Sport??? Ummmm maybe just 3rd world!!!



Okay, I really wanted to get back into the DNP-CD by easing my way in with a top 10 celebrations in sports. While Researching these gems, I started noticing that a lot of the really epic celebrations came from the game of soccer(notice how I didn' use the word sport!). Which made me really ask myself why are some of the best celebrations in soccer? I came up with a couple reasons....1st: Some of these guys play all month long without scoring a goal, so when they do, they better have something that everyone will remember them by because it could be a very, very, very long time before they score again! 2nd: Soccer is infested with the ability to flop/act, which really made the wheels in my head start turning. Could Soccer be an escape for all those kids who really wanted to pursue a career in the arts(i.e. drama club, glee club, stage crew, etc.), but didn't want to get beat up so they ended up playing this silly game. This makes the most sense to me! These celebrations are a way of showing off their childhood dreams, without getting made fun of! I know its a stretch, but next time you watch a match check out how good these men are at acting...they fake cry, limp, pretend to be paralyzed and taken off in a stretcher only to hop off as soon as they get to the sidelines, they pretend to be kicked, punched, tackled and 75% of the time there is not one person within 5 feet of the guy...honestly these guys have amazing acting abilities!




Okay, now can you see why real, I mean, most Americans can't get with this game!?

The reason why it has coined the term "world's sport" is because of all the 3rd world countries who really don't have money for a football field, baseball diamond, basketball court and all the equipment that is required for the sport! I am not knocking on poor countries, its just a fact. As my boy Daniel Tosh said it perfectly, "Soccer is stupid, go play real football! Soccer is the most popular sport on the planet? Thanks to 3rd world countries!!! You try spending all day in a mud hut swatting flies and the idea of kicking a ball around will sound like the greatest past time ever!" Speaking of Daniel Tosh, someone needs to send this video below into Tosh.0! enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Any post with a Daniel Tosh reference is always a winner in my book. Love that Simmons calls him the evolutionary Joel McHale. I've been wanting to write something real about why Soccer isn't as good as real sports, you know the fundamental problems with the game, not just that it's better than watching your mom get raped for most countries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flopping about in the celebrations was great.
    This celebration, also great:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96eSrFlUVh0

    ReplyDelete