Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wild Card Saturday


So Wild Card Saturday is upon us, you can tell that it's Wild Card Saturday because I got up at 10:30 and had two warm beers in the shower to kick off an afternoon of NFL football.  After 17 weeks of having to watch crappy college football on Saturday, I finally get the real thing.  And since Uj and Ron never got back to me, I'll be doing the all the game run downs, today I'll do today's games, and tomorrow maybe the same.  There is a chance that I'll get to tomorrow's games after I get home from the bar tonight in which case you can look forward to insane spelling errors and tangential rants about girls that ended up going home with someone else.



4:30 PM AFC Game:  The Jets +2 1/2 at The Bengals
In case you are wondering, I'm going with the oddsmaker.com lines, since they are the first ones that come up on yahoo.com and that's good enough for me.  Looks like you can get -3 and even money on the Bengals some places if you are in to that thing.  Anyway, I'm going to take the Bengals and give the points, if this game is close it's going to be a Cinci choke job, so if the Bengals are going to win it will be by at least a touch down.  I'm thinking a rookie quarterback first time in the play off, can't put hot sauce on his burrito situation from Sanchez.  I also think that Cinci is going give it Benson and pound it up the middle, making the Jets front 7 feel just like your mom.


One of our readers says this is not Tony Romo

8:00 PM NFC Game:  The Eagles +3 1/2 at The Cowboys
So somehow after loosing consistently in December and January all throughout the Circle Circles (my awesome new name for the last decade) they are now 1/2 point favs on a neutral field over the Eagles, who are 7-0 in first round games under Reid, or maybe not, but I think I heard that someplace.  First off, I hate the Cowboys, Wade is a Joke, Romo always chokes and I can't imagine that Cowboy's Stadium is a real home field advantage; this goes against Andy Reid being the worst clock manager ever, so let's go with Eagles for the outright win (that's +160 on the money-line for you degenerates out there).  Also, if the Reid-McNabb combo don't get it done this year, I think that this is the end for them.  Although I've always thought that a great after football career for those two would a tough West Phillie cop drama called McNabb, where Donovan is somehow partnered with his mom and Andy Reid is there hard nosed but lovable Lt.  Someone get me NBC on the phone, they are desperate for a 10 pm filler.

No comments:

Post a Comment